The purpose of the Distinguished Alumni Program is to recognize Community High School graduates whose accomplishments serve as an inspiration for others to dream and achieve.
A nominee must:
- Be a graduate of Community High School District 94 at least 10 years prior to nomination;
- Be distinguished by accomplishments in academics, the arts, athletics, business, community service, the environment, human rights, justice, medicine, research, or science that inspire others to dream and achieve;
- Demonstrate a strength of character and service to humanity that goes beyond the boundary of career;
- Be available by phone, email, or in-person for interview by the Selection Committee;
- Submit a current photo;
- Attend the Distinguished Alumni Award Ceremony and interact with CHS students in a class forum, seminar, or assembly.
must be submitted by April 1 either: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 1, 2016!
- Online at http://goo.gl/forms/KuVhdSDQdV
- Via U.S. mail or email (include Nomination Form and a (maximum of) 500 word statement describing how the nominee meets the established criteria) to:
Dr. Douglas Domeracki, Superintendent email@example.com
Community High School District 94
157 W. Washington Street, West Chicago,
Nominations must fulfill the established criteria. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
Questions? Contact Sherry Bowne at (630) 890-9716
Previous Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award winners are:
| 2008 ||Kirk Johnson ||Class of 1998 ||Human Rights ||Founded non-profit The List Project to relocate Iraqi War translators and their families.|
| 2009 ||Pam Kuhl Davis ||Class of 1967 ||Justice ||Initiated FBI investigation into Gov. Rod Blagojevich corruption scandal, CEO Edward Hospital.|
| 2010 ||Michael Lach ||Class of 1986 ||Education ||Founding member of Teach for America and official in U.S. Dept. of Education Race to the Top initiative.|
| 2010 ||Tom Marziani ||Class of 1943 ||Entrepreneurship ||Lifetime devotion to economic and community development of West Chicago.|
| 2011 ||Butch Hansen ||Class of 1955 ||Education ||Lifetime personal and professional commitment to CHS students and staff.|
| 2011 ||Scott Dierking ||Class of 1973 ||Athletics ||Brought national acclaim to CHS as a running back for Purdue University and the New York Jets.|
| 2014||Beth Barrett||Class of 1986||Visual Arts||Building bridges of cultural tolerance and understanding through international film.|
| 2015||Ray Stejskal||Class of 1982||Community Service||Uses his celebrity status as Ramblin' Ray Stevens on country radio US 99.5 to serve on not-for-profit boards of trustees and raise money for charities.|